Frequently Asked Questions in Brooklyn Park, MN

and Surrounding Areas


Family Law Questions

Web site disclaimer: Thank you for visiting the Julie Pawluk, Attorney at Law web site. Nothing contained in this web site is intended to be legal advice. You should contact an attorney to obtain legal assistance. Further, please be aware that sending us an email or other contact does not create an attorney-client relationship. Unless and until we have a signed retainer agreement to represent you, no attorney-client relationship exists.

Do you have free legal consultations?
Yes, I offer a half-hour, free initial consultation to review your specific case and discuss your legal options.
Why do i need an attorney to represent me in my divorce action? Can't I just use a paralegal service?
How do I choose an attorney?
Do you offer after-hours consultations?
Does a person have to be legally separated before obtaining a divorce?
Does mediation replace divorce?
How does the court decide who is awarded custody of the children?
How much will a divorce cost me?
Which parent can claim the children as dependents in a divorce?
What is discovery in a family law case?
What is spousal maintenance and how is it set?
I was never married to the mother of my child, and she is not allowing me to have parenting time with my child. What can I do?
As a grandparent, do i have visitation rights?
How are assets divided in a divorce?
What are the legal rights of unmarried couples?
What is in the best interests of the children?
What is joint custody?
I have physical custody of my children, and am interested in moving to another state with them, but my ex-spouse objects. Am I allowed to move them?
How is child support calculated?